Buying company management software is only half the battle. To organize effective teamwork, you need to understand all the functions and use them.
Grant access and set up roles
First of all, when you have software for managers, you need to give colleagues access to it. Do not forget that most of these programs can configure roles, which limits the access of managers to a particular section of the documentation.
Programs for the board of the company suggest the possibility of maintaining electronic documentation, voting, installing electronic signatures, and so on. Get started by downloading the document. You can not only send certain files to colleagues but also edit and view them together.
Keep track of current issues
Each manager in such a program has his own “board”, which shows the current tasks, at what stage of work they are, what are the risks of the company, how assets are currently distributed. Reminders of upcoming meetings are also displayed here.
During meetings, you can discuss current issues and problems related to the company’s board, make joint decisions, hold voting, write down minutes, issue instructions, and so on.
Since sessions and meetings are the part of the job where you have the most interaction with your colleagues, they should be efficient and enjoyable for all parties. The following tips will help you make remote meeting quality and comfortable.
- Stick to the timing. Share the plan with colleagues. Try to stick to your “timing” during the meeting. When you see that the discussion is dragging on, you need to curtail the discussion. As an option, propose to meet separately on this issue because of its particular importance.
- Use chat for feedback. During the meeting, you can use the chat for feedback, small surveys, so as not to fill the air with voice comments. However, make sure that the meeting does not turn into a chat – do not lose the attention of the audience. Participants can get carried away by correspondence and turn off the agenda.
- Avoid vicious disputes and raised tones. Do not let yourself be drawn into vicious disputes, discussions in raised tones. Especially if it is not directly related to the agenda of the meeting. You will lose time and look pale in the eyes of the participants.
- visual contact. Make sure all participants have webcams before the meeting. Let us know in advance that you plan to use two-way video communication. If there is a “picture”, the effect of the event will be much higher.
- Record the decisions made during the meeting. The best option is to immediately draw up a calendar action plan indicating the responsible persons, which you send to direct participants, as well as employees designated in the plan as performers, and other interested parties upon completion.
At the end of the meeting, set a date for the next meeting or series of meetings if such discussions should occur regularly. Allow participants to share their findings, impressions of the meeting, and plans for work in the direction on the agenda. The last word remains with the facilitator, who sums up the meeting, highlights the key points, thanks to the participants for their active work, and indicates the direction for further movement on this topic. On the site https://boardroommind.com/, you can choose the software for yourself and start working.